Layering and Locking is a classic Fall skincare technique made popular due to social media awareness. It has been a practice that many dermatologists have recommended for years to heal eczema, dryness and to trap moisture on your face and body. If you're curious about how to get started, here's everything you need to know.
What is Layering + Locking
Sealing your skin with a butter-based agent, such as a balm, body butter or heavy night cream overnight. While it's been commonly used to help hydrate the face, this trick can work for any part of your skin, such as your lips, elbows, knees and feet!
What Are The Benefits of L + L ?
Layering + Locking helps trap the moisture on your face and heal dry patches of skin while hydrating with face oils underneath them without a greasy residue! If you are oily or acne-prone, you'll need to use less product. However, it's perfect for someone who has dry skin in need of hydration.
The benefits include
- Increased hydration levels
- Decreased inflammation
- Improved healing properties
- Prevention against premature aging caused by environmental aggressors such as sun exposure.
How To Get Started With Layering and Locking1. Determine Your Skin Type
First, it's essential to determine the type of skin you have. Listen to your skin, as it is always changing. Do you have oily skin, dry skin or little bit of both? You'll want to use:
- Face it facial cleansing soap with turmeric and aloe vera for dry, sensitive or mature skin
- Sagging Jeans facial cleansing soap with indigo and kaolin clay for combination skin.
- Rehab detoxing facial cleansing soap with activated charcoal for oily and acne prone skin.
- Chamomile Icing his exquisite over night mask is enriched with 7 skin loving botanicals, silk amino acid and lightly scented with chamomile to nourish as you sleep
- Rose of Sharon repair balm is fortified with an high performance potent herbs, raw and organic cocoa and shea butter to restore and revitalize the skin
For The Body
After showering and bathing with your favorite natural body soap follow these steps.
While skin is still damp, apply a generous amount of Jasmine Body oil to skin, cuticles, feet and the ends of your hair.
Layering and Locking is a great way to protect and hydrate your face, especially on those cooler and dryer days. And don't forget to shoot us an email or tag us on social media to show us how well this technique worked for you.